iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6 Plus
Latest iPhone News…
- How to watch Super Bowl 50 on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV - It's Super Bowl weekend, and for cord cutters that usually means a visit to a bar or friend's house -- but not this year, as NFL broadcast partner CBS has made the game available almost everywhere you look.
- This week on AI: Glimpses at Apple’s plans for new iPhones, iPads, VR & more - This week saw teases about the plans for next-gen iPhones and iPads, as well as Apple Pay, cross-platform services, and even virtual reality. Apple was also hit with a massive penalty in the VirnetX patent case however, and saw Alphabet overtake it as the world's most valuable company -- at least temporarily.
- TSMC, other Apple suppliers in Taiwan largely unaffected by deadly 6.4 earthquake - A tragic earthquake has hit the city of Tainan in southern Taiwan, injuring 144, killing at least 5 people and causing the collapse of several large buildings. So far however, it appears that Apple's suppliers in the region have survived the quake without sustaining significant damage.
- Apple’s rumored 4″ iPhone to launch with hot pink color option, report says - Apple is working on three different color options for the launch of its much-rumored 4-inch iPhone, including a version closer in hue to a hot pink iPod than rose gold, a report said Friday.
- Sharp takeover deal should be finalized by end of February, Foxconn CEO says - The Foxconn bid to take over Sharp is now only awaiting finalized details between the two parties, Foxconn's CEO Terry Gou told reporters on Friday, indicating that Innovation Network Corp. has indeed been cut out of the loop.
- AppleInsider podcast talks March event expectations, ‘3D Touch ID,’ VirnetX, more - On this week's episode of the AppleInsider podcast, Neil and Mikey riff on Apple's rumored March event, what a new patent filing could mean for Touch ID, a substantial legal win for patent troll VirnetX and much more. Bonus GoPro rant courtesy of Neil.
- iTunes, App Store, & Apple TV services hit by new outage [u] - The iTunes Store, the iOS and Mac App Stores, and even the Apple TV were among services affected by a midday outage on Thursday, leaving some people unable to reach them or make purchases. [Updated]
- Apple discourages Supreme Court from hearing Samsung patent petition, calls case ‘legally unexceptional’ - Apple this week attempted to dissuade the U.S. Supreme Court from hearing Samsung's request for review in their ongoing patent infringement dispute, with Apple telling the highest court in America that the $548 million settlement does not deserve review.
- Supply chain suggests iPhone orders will rebound this summer ahead of ‘iPhone 7’ launch - Forecast trends in the demand for flexible PCB (printed circuit board) parts for iPhones indicate that while iPhone production may be down in the first half of the year, it will likely rebound in the second half as work begins on Apple's next-generation models.
- PSA: If you don’t want to fry your new MacBook, pay attention to the quality of your USB cables - Apple's decision to include a single, all-new USB-C port on the reinvented MacBook has sent buyers of the ultraportable scrambling for adapters and conversion cables to connect legacy devices -- but be mindful of what you plug in.